warming three bean chilli recipe
Chilli is my go to food in the colder evenings. It’s the perfect way to warm up after a frozen cycle home from work, and it doesn’t take too much effort to make. You can potter about doing housework or other, more exciting, things while the chilli is simmering. Just don’t forget to stir it from time to time (I learnt that the hard way).
three bean chilli
A simple but delicious chilli - and it's vegan too!
Write a review
- Medium white onion, diced
- Bell pepper, diced
- Red chilli, finely chopped
- Garlic clove, crushed
- Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- Tbsp paprika
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 400g tin of borlotti beans
- 400g tin of cannelini beans
- 325g tin of sweetcorn
- Tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml stock
- Heat the oil in a large non stick saucepan over a medium heat. When it's hot, add the diced onion and pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the chilli and garlic and fry for about a minute. Then add your chilli and paprika and fry for a further minute. This helps release the flavours in the spices.
- Next, add the three tins of beans and the sweetcorn and stir until well mixed.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree, then add 200ml of the stock, stirring as you go.
- Leave to simmer, checking for time to time and adding more stock if it starts looking dry or sticking to the pain. You can simmer it for as long as you want - the longer the simmer the more the flavours will develop. When I cook this chilli I usually leave it on the hob for about an hour, with a lid on for the first 40 minutes. At this point you could even transfer the chilli to a slow cooker and heat on low overnight.
- When you're ready to eat your chilli, simmer off the last of the stock for a nice thick sauce, then serve either with rice, over potato, or with tortilla chips.
the spicy bean http://www.itsthespicybean.com/
7 thoughts on “warming three bean chilli recipe”
This is a great recipe! I put mushrooms in my chilli too and everybody in the house hates it :’) xxx
so it’s not just me!! ha! I’ll be telling everyone from now on that I’m not the only mushroom person 😂
Hahaha, absolutely! It works so well, and mushrooms are great at providing vitamin D. My logic is that chilli is winter food, and everyone needs extra vitamin D in winter so…..?? 😂
exactly! and that’s science!
Warming and lovely – #BloggerPinParty
We love chilli and this one sounds delicious. Thanks for joining #bloggerpinparty