super simple salmon risotto recipe
I’m going to be honest here – I spend most of my time thinking about food. The morning is spent thinking about how soon it’s okay to eat lunch, and the afternoon is spent plotting what I’ll be having for dinner. So what I eat for dinner can really make or break my day. I am definitely not one of those people who forgets to eat. What a strange and alien concept!
It’s a good job I love cooking. There are few things more satisfying than throwing a bunch of stuff into a pan and cooking up something delicious. Whether it be something completely new or an old favourite, a good homecooked meal never fails to make me happy.
Even though I love it, cooking can be one of those things it’s hard to make time for. Sometimes I want to cook up something fancy, but I’m just so tired. If I’ve been to the gym, been to the shop, left work late, by the time I get home there’s not a lot of time. The trick is being able to cook something that seems fancy, but is secretly actually really easy. That’s where my favourite salmon risotto recipe comes in.
This is one of those awesome recipes where you can make something really nice with just a few ingredients. All I had to buy was the boursin and the salmon, the rest of it we already had in the cupboard. Of course, if you’re new to risotto you probably don’t already have packs of the rice like we do! Smoked salmon can be quite pricey, but everything else is reasonably prices, making this meal cost less than you might think – especially if you can get the salmon on offer!
- splash of oil or few sprays low cal cooking spray
- one onion, chopped quite small
- 1l vegetable stock
- 300g risotto rice
- 75g boursin
- 100g smoked salmon cut into pieces
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add the risotto rice and stir in the with the onion, frying for a couple of minutes to release the flavour of the rice.
- Add 200ml of the stock and stir continuously until absorbed. Add the stock in 100ml increments, stirring constantly until the rice is soft. The stirring is important - you can't just walk away from this one!
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the boursin, mixing until it's all melted and the rice is creamy.
- Finally, stir in the salmon. The residual heat will cook it slightly, making it soft and flaky,
- Serve in bowls with a side salad or on its own. Enjoy!
- Swap the boursin for low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs for a healthier option.
Pin this post:
1 thought on “super simple salmon risotto recipe”
Yes yes yes to this recipe! I’m going back to university tonight, and need to start cooking more for myself so I can say I can before I finish this year completely lol, and I absolutely adore both salmon and risotto. I can definitely see myself trying this one out, and it looks delicious, so thank you for this!
Have a good weekend dude 🙂
Amy; Wandering Everywhere